How are you? Really?





I know you can move mountains
If that is what you will
I know you can speak just once
And the storm is calm and still
I know you can bring healing
With just one simple touch
I know your heart's desire
Is much more life for us.

I know that little birds
Are in your tender care
I know I shouldn't worry
About the clothes that I will wear
I know all your abundance
Is cattle on a thousand hills
I know your promises are yes, amen
Bringing heaven closer still

I know that you are trustworthy
I know that you are good
I  know that you are faithful, sure
On a rock my faith is built
I trust in you, my faith is strong
Whatever comes I'm ready
The storm clouds gather, lashed to you
I'm certain, strong, and steady

But somewhere deep inside
When I cry to you in prayer
And ask for cancer to be gone 
A sorrow buries there
That the answer to my questions
The thing that I want most 
While something you can surely do
For reasons unknown, you don't.

©2021 Jordan Hageman

Popular Posts