Search me







Step into my heart

Spiraling down to a center

Its secrets hidden from me

Search every crack and hidden room

Find all the rusty keys

Open the doors and air them out

Make room for the treasures of thee


Descend deeper still

Is it fragrant and dry

The Word stored carefully there

Or is it damp and moldy with earthly desires

Not fit for what is lovely and fair

Let the wind sweep in and bring in the flame

That will burn and clean the air


Further down down down 

To the very depths

Leave nothing untouched or sacred

Unhinge gates, topple walls, tear down statues of gold 

That I have vainly erected

Until you come to the throne at the very core

And seat thyself there upon it


Psalm 139:23-24

Search me, God, and know my heart;

test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me,

and lead me in the way everlasting.

Popular Posts